A Place Called Home is seeking a savvy Communications & Marketing Manager.
Under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of APCH’s Communications and Marketing strategies which include key messaging, digital and printed branding, social media, media and public relations, online and printed appeals, marketing key APCH initiatives and events, programmatic and event promotion collateral from design to finish, and all other forms of communications, PR and marketing related to APCH.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
FLSA Status/Hours: Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance APCH’s brand identity and key messages; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the organization and its programs across key stakeholder audiences;
- Create marketing and public relations strategies and plans that will allow APCH leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including press, media and key influencers;
- Serve as communications counselor to APCH leadership, including initiating and drafting regular communiqués, e.g. blogs, op-eds, advising on talking points for events, etc.;
- Oversee development of all print communications including marketing collateral, annual reports, newsletters, direct appeals, event related materials, invitations, programs, etc., and manage associated vendors and contractors, including designers, printers and mailing houses;
- Oversee agency website and social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.;
- Serve as liaison for all media-related projects, including but not limited to, video shoots, media interviews, radio spots, PSAs, etc.;
- Provide creative direction for video and photo-related projects pertaining to community events and special events;
- Initiate, cultivate and manage interactions with celebrity management, publicists and other representation to maximize celebrity relationships;
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding APCH programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects;
- Develop, maintain and update master communications calendar including all electronic communications, social media planning, print collateral, etc.;
- Oversee the creation and execution of printed and electronic fundraising appeals;
- Recruit and manage communications interns and volunteers;
- Create/implement success assessment/reporting metrics for key initiatives, including social and direct email/mail;
- Write and send press releases as required by APCH funders, sponsors and corporate partners;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
To perform this important job successfully, the Communications and Marketing Manager must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to his/her own ongoing personal and professional development. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
Technical and Performance Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Service
- Time Management
- Ability to Multi-task
- Dedicated to excellence
- Detail-Oriented Strong
- Organizational Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Public Speaking
- 2-3 years of Communications, PR and Marketing experience;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Adobe InDesign
- Experience with email marketing software, specifically Constant Contact
- B.A. in Communications or related field; and
- Demonstrated strong writing and copywriting
- Video editing experience is a plus
Physical and Mental Demands
· Able to work in dynamic and high noise level environment typical of a youth center
· Walking, standing required on daily basis
· Travel (local meetings, conferences, speaking engagements)
· Sitting and use of hands/vision for computer work for extended periods of time
· Lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
· Able to communicate and convey accurate information
· Type 45WPM
· Must possess a valid CA driver’s license
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus!
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening
A Place Called Home provides a safe, nurturing environment with proven programs in arts, education, and wellness for the young people in South Central Los Angeles to help them improve their economic conditions and develop healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives.