Where art starts, but that's only the beginning. We’re the movement for the liberation of creative expression. We believe that art is for everyone, and we're creating the cultural context for how it is created, discovered, and shared.
Founded in August 2000, DeviantArt is the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts, and a platform for emerging and established artists to exhibit, promote, and share their work with an enthusiastic, art-centric community. We have over 45 million registered members and attract over 50 million unique visitors per month. Our members — knowns as deviants — upload thousands of pieces of original artworks every day, everything from painting and sculpture to digital art, pixel art, films, and anime.
- Passionate about DeviantArt and our community.
- An Internet connoisseur. You love the Web, and you’ve spent much of your life online. You consider the Internet your home.
- An engager and networker. You love meeting people online, and you love building and maintaining relationships.
- Someone who loves online communities and understands online behavior.
- A creative thinker who loves to brainstorm.
- Someone with an eye for detail and excellent organizational skills.
We’re looking for someone who possesses the following abilities:
- Nurture the DeviantArt community and support users via comments, forums, conferences, social media, or wherever needed.
- Cultivate relationships with DeviantArt users and enable them to enjoy the depth and breadth DeviantArt has to offer. Be accessible and responsive to users.
- Evangelize new products, features, and fixes, and educate our users via journals, comments, notes, and other forms of social media.
- Execute proficient use of brand voice to provide support and communication via journals, comments, notes, and other forms of social media.
- Well-versed in online community trends, technology, and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere with poise, power, and patience.
- Assist with Quality Assurance, seeking to identify and solve bug or technical-related issues.
- Proactively problem-solve with the Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams. Process and analyze community suggestions, bugs, abuse, and other relevant information to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
- Represent the community's voice in the product roadmap, providing justifiable ideas to enhance user experience, existing site functionality, or to introduce new features in-line with the objectives of the business.
- Monitor community activity to identify potential social media opportunities that expand DeviantArt’s reach into offsite channels.
- Participate in creation and execution of marketing materials, schedules, and timelines.
- Monitor program and project performance against objectives and optimize approach.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Highly computer and Internet savvy.
- Strong working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and Photoshop a plus.
- Self-motivated, driven, and able to articulate his/her vision.
- Able to multitask, have a positive attitude, and sense of humor.
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Must exercise good judgment in handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Able to work from our Hollywood, CA office.
Along with your resume submission, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Are you a member of the DeviantArt community? If yes, what is your username?
- Name two social networks or blog sites that you are an active participant on.
- What is your favorite TV show (past or present) and why?