Team Rubicon is seeking a part-time contractor to serve as Media Developer (Videographer) who will be responsible for designing and creating digital media content for integration into in-person and online training materials. Team Rubicon has an aggressive and creative strategy to develop new learning experiences and this role is key to enabling this strategy. This role will work under the direct supervisor of the lead for Creative and the Senior Associate for Training Content Development. This position is located out of Headquarters in Los Angeles.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a shot. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings opportunities for the organization to become synonymous with disaster response. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Taking the lead on production of online training module assets from inception to completion.
- Creating media with proper TR tone, branding, and messaging.
- Compiling media pulls for training media needs.
- Practicing effective folder structure, archiving, and backup of all media files.
- During disaster operations stay late, work hard, and get shit done.
Experience and Background:
- 2+ years of video production and editing experience (Premiere Pro, After Effects, ProTools).
- Documentary and/or industrial/commercial setting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of camcorders, DSLR, and 35mm sensor digital cameras.
- Experience with audio recording (on location and in studio).
- Proficiency in lighting setups for sound stage recording.
- Proficiency with photography and photo editing (Photoshop and Lightroom).
- Excellent eye for detail; appreciate tediousness and efficiency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thinks creatively while working well under pressure and on tight deadlines.
- Strives for excellence in self and others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adapts and willingly adjusts to constantly changing circumstances and parameters.
- Ability to travel.
Team Rubicon is an international disaster response nonprofit that unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly provide relief to communities in need. Founded in 2010 with the expressed goal of quickly responding to large-scale disasters, Team Rubicon has deployed thousands of volunteers across the United States and world to provide relief to communities in need.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)