Be a part of Southern California’s longest live operating studio show at Village Television.
Village Television provides a variety of local origination programming seven days a week, ranging from entertainment to featured stories to live broadcasting.
We’re seeking a motivated, digital story teller that can produce and edit with a high attention to detail and efficiency. The ideal candidate is skilled in video editing, motion graphics, and other areas of video production, including videography, lighting and audio. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating in a “live” studio.
- Determines production taping time, personnel and equipment needs.
- Directs productions, assessing technical considerations, planning shot sequences and angles.
- Assists in editing the audio and video footage, incorporating graphics or slides.
- Produces and edits news and commercials: long and short format programs and spot-commercials.
- Performs Floor Manager duties during production and is responsible for preparing the guests and talent to appear in a relaxed and comfortable place; provides camera cues and silent signals to the cast.
- Plans for staging equipment, manpower assignments, and other production logistics.
- Assists in directing the actions of talent and crewmembers.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in video editing and producing.
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro X.
- Knowledge of HD digital video cameras, lighting, sound techniques and FTP applications.
- Knowledge of video codecs and frame rates.
- Understanding of NTSC video standards and Blackmagic video routing equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Previous experience in managing the edit workflow for larger, multi-faceted projects.
- Solid experience with graphic design for video.
- Strong communication skills and a deep understanding of how video provides solutions to meet client objectives.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Apple Compressor
- Panasonic DVX200 or Canon 5D
- Ross Carbonite ME 2 Switcher
- Expression CG
Submit reel link with resume.
Village Management Services, Inc. (VMS) is a nonprofit corporation that provides professional management services to the community of Laguna Woods Village, the premier Southern California independent living community for people 55 and older. The largest retirement community in California, the Village features 12,736 homes and about 18,500 residents.
The Village boasts two professional golf courses, ten tennis courts, pickle ball on four courts, a large table tennis facility, seven distinct clubhouses and five pools. The community offers just about everything from archery to lawn bowling to horseback riding, in addition to three fitness centers, open seven days a week. There is a clubhouse devoted to all sorts of arts and crafts, including woodworking, lapidary, sewing, pottery, painting, sculpture and photography. An 814-seat Performing Arts Center hosts entertainment most nights of the week. Beautiful Laguna Beach is only 15 minutes away, and the Village is surrounded by many places to shop and to dine that can be reached by car or by using the Village Transportation system at no charge.
What is best of all about the Village is the diversity of the people living there. They come from all parts of the world and walks of life, and each of them has a story to tell. Not only are the residents diverse, so is the housing to choose from. Laguna Woods Village has a wide range of places to live at an equally wide range of prices. For more information on the community, visit www.lagunawoodsvillage.com.
Location/Region: Laguna Woods, CA (US)