Theatre Forward, a nonprofit network of theatres, institutions, patrons and artists, is seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager beginning immediately. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing Manager will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Devise and execute communications strategies across all channels that inform and inspire Theatre Forward stakeholders, including coordination with Theatre Forward leadership and project teams to capture and share key information
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director and staff to launch and disseminate key findings from major initiatives in education and in advancing equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Implement a consistent strategy for messaging and programmatic stories via social media, website and other channels.
- Maintain and oversee design of the Theatre Forward website.
- Execute communications pieces, such as e-blasts, invitations, journals, newsletters, and reports in various media including electronic and print.
- Manage and process Broadway concierge ticket service program for senior executives and major donors, including expense account to attend key shows
- Planning and execution support for major Annual Gala as well as other events throughout the year including the Broadway Roundtable and National Society (Theatre Forward’s individual donor network)
THEATRE FORWARD is devoted to advancing American theatre and its communities by providing funding and other resources to the country’s leading nonprofit theatres. Theatre Forward has just completed forty years of service to artists, companies, and celebrated resident theatres in major cities across the US. Its chief program themes are, 1) Educating Through Theatre, and, 2) Advancing Strong Theatre, which is a special initiative to accelerate progress in equity, diversity and inclusion. It also provides a range of corporate, employee, patron and client engagement programs oriented around Broadway. Theatre Forward aims to increase access and opportunity for all to experience theatre that builds community and sets the stage for individual achievement.
THEATRE FORWARD is a growing, dynamic organization, and this position offers unique opportunities to innovate, focus, and facilitate effective communication and marketing strategies on a national level with good opportunities for growth. The position includes opportunities for limited domestic travel to selected theatres.
- Demonstrated ability to shape and tell stories to multiple audiences through a diversity of channels.
- Passion for and familiarity with theatre
- Ability to work with large institutions and communities in a variety of ways to tell stories, secure content, and feedback and to generate strong working relationships within a national network.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion principles and to our mission of advancing American theatre and its communities.
- Experience in building brand identity and a keen eye for brand continuity
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and experience leading and collaborating in teams
- Highly computer literate and comfortable in social/digital media as well as all forms of communications production.
- Annual Salary competitive based on experience. This is an Exempt position.
- Benefits include health insurance covered 100% and generous vacation policy, option to participate in 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending plan and more.
Please email Jobs@TheatreForward.org a cover letter and resume to apply. No phone calls please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 13
Theatre Forward is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
505 Eighth Avenue, Suite 2303
New York, NY 10018