In Pursuit Of is a full-service communications and marketing capability that drives ideas and shapes debates in pursuit of a free and open society. Our mission-driven partnerships advance policy, political, and cultural change that enable people to improve their lives.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at In Pursuit Of is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Ten Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.
In Pursuit Of is seeking a videographer and content editor who has a track record of creating stunning and engaging video content of all kinds. In this role, you will be responsible for properly preparing for and executing video shoots, as well as delivering the final video edit. This position requires the individual to be technically proficient in on-site capture as well as proficient with their video post-production skills. The ideal candidate should also have an understanding of the creative process in a corporate/agency environment. This position reports to the Director of Video Production.
Your [there's no such thing as a] typical day:
- Shoot and produce different video segments from short documentaries to ads, as delegated, in a variety of locations around the U.S.
- Edit video content to turn raw footage into seamless video products for clients under tight deadlines
- Review cuts with clients, producers, and directors and incorporate comments to create a strong product that serves the clients' needs.
- Operate both as a “one man band”, as well as part of a team on larger, more involved client shoots.
- Produce final files for release, ensuring strict standards to compliance and legal requirements
- Be willing and able to travel frequently (40%), sometimes to remote locations, for various shoots
This is what's required to do the basics - does it already describe you?
- At least 4 years of experience in a creative-type role with a video focus
- Deep knowledge of media production best practices, technologies, and processes
- Proficient with Sony and Canon camera platforms
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong critical thinking skills and creative mindset
- Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage projects and timelines
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits a dedication to the client's mission to protect freedom and opportunity for every American