12UP is Looking for a Video Editor Intern With A Strong Passion for Sports in New Media Environment!
12UP Sports, one of the fastest growing digital sports platforms in the US, is looking for a talented and sports obsessed video editor intern to join our English language video team in our New York City office.
Candidates must have a strong video editing background and work experience in New Media, preferably in New York City. High-quality editing experience using the suite of Adobe products (Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop), as well as relevant professional work experience, is a must.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, video editing, photo editing, accruing and organizing assets, creative brainstorms, assisting where asked in video production, and more.
Since its 2016 launch, 12UP has quickly become the eighth largest sports website in the US. We are looking for dynamic individuals who thrive under the challenges and pressures of a 24/7, fast moving editorial newsroom and who understand the challenges and opportunities that come with working at a quickly expanding start-up. This particular position, while not remotely located, will require several shifts per week to be worked from home (nights and weekends).
- Video production experience in New Media, preferably in New York City
- Professional experience using Premiere, and Photoshop. After Effects experience is a plus
- High-quality linear video and photo editing experience
- Strong knowledge on trending topics and all social media platforms
- Creative brainstorms for both studio and shareable shoots
- Highly organized: create and maintain personal workflows to manage multiple responsibilities
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills are a must
- Superb understanding of Social Media as it relates to content distribution and social growth
- Expert knowledge of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA football and basketball
- Ability to thrive under strict editorial deadlines and a high pressure newsroom environment
- Active Facebook and Twitter accounts with engaged following a strong plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as with video editing team
- Passionate about sports and working in a fun start-up environment
- Interview process will include an editing test
12up is a global sports media and technology company focused on the digital generation. 12up taps into the passion and dedication of the hyper-connected fan by powering the production of authentic, engaging and socially driven content distributed to a rapidly growing audience across web, mobile and social.
12up's mission is to champion fan-generated media as a key ingredient of sports journalism.
Since its 2016 launch, 12up has quickly become the eighth largest sports website in the US with over 20 million monthly users and hundreds of millions of social impressions.
Location/Region: New York, NY (US)