Are you an aspiring or junior journalist, writer or communications specialist? We’re looking for a part-time to full-time intern this summer and/or fall to work with our 10 person technology product development and marketing agency, focusing primarily on;
a. Conducting interviews with technology companies for our industry reports and client research
b. Producing blog and news content for technology client websites in the drones, waterspouts, agriculture, aviation and more.
c. Writing and organizing content as a member of our social media team
We’re a small company of a dozen people who work with over 10 startups in the technology space helping with their product development and go-to-market strategy and execution. Our team has tons of experience in hardware, software and bringing products to market, and we work in small groups helping clients execute product launches and market exploration. We also put out a LOT of content ourselves, including video overviews, go-to-market reports, industry interviews and more. To see an example of the kind of content we product for ourselves or for clients, you can read our 2018 Commercial Drone Industry report here: http://goo.gl/i5oTUy
We’re looking for someone to join the team to help knock out content tasks for clients and our in-house production. We’re not expecting tons of experience or specific software expertise, we’re looking for smart candidates who are interested in technology, get excited by new projects, and want to learn about a variety of fields with a small team of experts on the lake in Austin.
- Excellent grammar and composition
- Familiarity wither desire to learn about writing content for online blogs and social media
- Comfortable social skills for conducting phone and in-person interviews
- Familiar with Word, Keynote or Powerpoint, Excel or Numbers
What you’ll learn
- Real world interview skills online and by phone
- How to use and optimize web CMS
- Tools for organization and management of contacts
- Social media planning and optimization
- Please include samples of your writing with your submission
- Our office is located in Westlake on the lake in Austin, perks include access to paddleboards, drones and electronic surfboards on the waterfront.
- Interest in public relations, design or video and photo a plus but not required!