All candidates must apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oZWq8fwd&s=Poynter
The combined Creative Services arm of Capitol Broadcasting Company stations WRAL-TV and FOX 50 in Raleigh, NC has an immediate opening for an innovative leader to help steer our promotion and marketing efforts to the next level as a Creative Services Manager. The successful candidate will report directly to the Brand Director and lead our award-winning promotions team, serving the WRAL/FOX 50 multi-platform brands. You will help topically promote our top-rated News, plus conceptualize and produce high-impact promotion for special reports, proof-of-performance image, news specials, documentaries, station events, broad image campaigns and other marketing as needed for web, TV and off-channel campaigns. You’ll also serve as a marketing point for social/digital media campaigns and contribute to our station community efforts. If you love concepting, writing, shooting, lighting, editing AND want to lead the best creatives in local television, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Creative Services Manager candidate with a proven track record of success around team leadership, strategic plan fulfillment and leading departments in creating superior marketing and promotional assets. This creative leader should have an outstanding understanding of audience metrics and the ability to interpret research to help hone messaging.
The 550 Creative team uses HD Adobe Creative Cloud edit suites, Sony 4K production cameras, Canon 5D production gear and more. The successful Creative Services Manager candidate should have a proven portfolio of work that showcases a mastery of visual marketing and audience-driven campaigns. Work should not only showcase an individual body of work but also highlight team projects with a narrative on leadership style and results.
Skills that should be displayed within portfolio and are required for this role include:
- Deep understanding of news promotion and production.
- Deep understanding of brand development and strategy.
- Superior video and still photography skills.
- Outstanding writing and language skills including sample work of topical and image scripting.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and products.
- Proven execution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Understanding of television programming, including network and syndicator relationships.
- Hands on experience in “start-to-finish” creative projects, including: concepting/writing, shooting, editing/posting and lighting for studio and field campaigns.
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Proven track record of leading large projects to successful completion.
- Local television experience a plus.
- Experience working collaboratively across departments should be clearly explained in materials.
- Minimum of 5 years active producing experience with marketing/promotional/creative reel and/or demo.
- Minimum of 2 years managing a team with direct reports.
- Clear record of success in either a television newsroom or creative services environment.
- Current and contemporary knowledge of 4K technology, Adobe Creative Suite, digital and social ad sets and creative.
- Firsthand, working knowledge of on-air and digital promotion production techniques and familiarity with current production and photography trends.
- Experience translating broadcast designs and concepts to interactive digital and social media campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An intimate understanding of and honed skill set around design, copy, production and other areas of creative.
- Ability to lift/carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
People come to WRAL-TV and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally-owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL-TV is based out of Raleigh, North Carolina ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
About this company
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV , WRAL Digital , WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM , WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace , CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co., and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC; and Professional Builders Supply (an equity partnership) in Morrisville, NC.