About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members--students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Are you passionate about telling compelling stories through video and photography? We are looking for a multimedia producer to bring the Holy Cross story to life by creating high impact videos and photography. You will join a team of talented and committed storytellers, who plan, create and share engaging content on our website and social media as well as print publications. As multimedia producer you will strategize and contribute ideas for photo and video content that will not only help our audiences to understand our robust academic, co-curricular, cultural and spiritual offerings but also to connect with our mission and values as a Jesuit, Catholic liberal arts institution. You will then provide direction, plan, film and edit high quality and impactful content for all of Holy Cross' communication platforms. If you thrive in creative environments, are dedicated to excellence and want to help us tell the world about Holy Cross, tell us what makes you the best choice for multimedia producer.
In the Office of College Marketing and Communications, the Multimedia Producer is responsible for the development of innovative photography and videos to highlight the academic, spiritual and cultural life of Holy Cross and to reinforce the College's key messages and strategic initiatives. The Multimedia Producer will conceptualize compelling ways to tell the story of the College and our students, faculty and alumni community through video and photography and develop the associated content to be effective on the College's website, on social media, in publications and in presentations at events. The Multimedia Producer will manage the College's collection of photo and video assets and serve as the administrator of the College's digital asset management system.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position will be a key collaborator on the department's content team and will work closely with stakeholders across the College.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Conceptualize, film, edit, and produce compelling video and photo content to support key messages or strategic initiatives optimized for effectiveness on various platforms and devices.
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to conceptualize impactful ways to tell the story of Holy Cross' people and programs, mission and values.
• Seek new and creative methods, platforms and media to utilize photography and video to support the College's strategic marketing priorities.
• Direct and work in collaboration with outside photographers/videographers hired for major College initiatives and publications.
• Manage Resource Space, the College's digital asset management system for archiving images (still and video), including tagging/labeling all images and footage so that the library is well organized and easy to access. Train and provide assistance to system users.
• Produce and manage the College's live-streaming events and programs including Commencement.
• Assist in managing the photo/video budget.
• Train, manage, and mentor a revolving team of student video interns and editors.
• Execute the project development process from initial ideation to concept creation, scripting, storyboarding, set design and set up, lighting, shooting, editing, final delivery and post project assessment.
• Work with departments and divisions across campus to ensure that people, events, meetings, special occasions, campus physical spaces, structures, architectural and historical details are captured visually for use in media, advertising, publications and electronic media.
• Fulfill internal department/program and external partner requests for archived photos and video footage.
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to select images for various print and electronic applications.
• Interact with vendors and other key positions on the Communications and Marketing team to integrate photography/video - and maintain visual identity standards - throughout all available communication channels including the website and social media.
• Work independently with general supervision and broad instructions, planning and arranging own work according to previously defined objectives, managing towards agreed upon priorities.
• Maintain and catalog all photography and video equipment.
• Keep updated on current and emerging trends and technologies related to digital photography and videography.
In addition to a Bachelor's degree in Communication, Photography, Film/Videography, Journalism, or New Media Production the Producer will be someone who:
• Has 3-5 years of experience with techniques, principles and equipment of digital photography and video.
• Has expert knowledge and experience with all aspects of production: shooting, lighting, editing, and compression.
• Proven ability to craft compelling stories through a variety of digital media, producing high quality and engaging content.
• Ability to conduct effective interviews for the purpose of generating meaningful content for stories.
• Knowledge of video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere or Apple Final Cut suite.
• Ability to build relationships and collaborate with team members and a wide variety of subjects.
• Ability and willingness to travel and work outside normal business hours or on weekends when required.
Recommended But Not Required
• Knowledge of web editing methods such as HTML.
• Familiarity with emerging digital technologies.
• Experience working in higher education or nonprofit.
• Interest and aptitude for developing new skills appropriate to the position.
This is an Exempt level position.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please click https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Application materials will be reviewed as received.
Please attach resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please reflect on how you might contribute to the College's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to its mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://holycross.edu/diversity)
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1314335
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.