The University of Maryland's Philip Merrill College of Journalism seeks an experienced, energetic television news journalist for a nine-month, non-tenure track, renewable lecturer position beginning in spring 2019. Primary responsibility will be to serve as the “bureau chief” for the Capital News Service Broadcast Bureau located on the university's College Park campus. This full-time lecturer will:
- teach undergraduate and graduate courses in broadcast and multiplatform news production
- serve as executive producer overseeing student newscasts.
- instruct and supervise story development, news judgment, ethics, and script-writing
- supervise shooting and editing video
- bachelor's degree
- substantial professional broadcast field experience producing television news
- a record of innovation and quality in video production
- web and social media fluency
- experience teaching/mentoring students or beginning broadcast journalists.
Preferences: A master's degree; award-winning track record in television news; experience in both field and show/studio producing
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, and gender identity or expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In addition to a resume/C.V., cover letter, and list of three references, please submit a supplemental document with:
- links to stories reported, shot, edited and produced by applicant (preferably both breaking news and feature/enterprise stories)
- social media handles for professional accounts the applicant manages.
- links to any student work supervised by applicant
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/64313
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/w9j2pp3jbk4pf5ky
Location/Region: College Park, MD (US - 20742)