Editor, Partnerships and Engagement
Requisition Number: STFR005107
Division/College: External Affairs
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Experience — a new, general-interest magazine about the power of experience to open minds, change lives, and transform culture — needs a creative, resourceful, media-savvy engagement editor to help us share our storytelling with the world.
You'll join a small, experienced editorial team based at Northeastern University that hopes to extend our brand and reach well beyond a single website. In a crowded media landscape, our success will depend on building relationships, leveraging networks, and being able to clearly and enthusiastically communicate who we are and what we're doing.
• Develop, launch, and manage content partnerships with media outlets and nonprofit organizations.
• Build relationships with editors of aggregators, newsletters, and other content platforms.
• Work with Northeastern University faculty and staff to leverage the university and alumni audience.
• Develop and execute creative strategies to share Experience content, including live events, contests, and guerrilla marketing campaigns.
• Work with the university's social media team to develop sharing strategies and advertising campaigns.
• Develop and manage tools to engage with the Experience audience.
• Work with the Experience editorial team to develop, test, and analyze stories and multimedia content.
• Bachelor’s degree required. 6 – 8 years of relevant experience and preferably at a media publication.
• Proven success with growing audiences and creating communities.
• Relentless curiosity and a sense of humor.
• Firm grasp of media trends.
• Strong skills in teamwork, writing, and communication.
• Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
What stands us apart:
• We offer a highly competitive benefits package, including tuition waivers for that master’s degree or certificate you’ve been thinking about.
• A selection of other current offerings includes medical, dental, and vision plans, paid parental leave, generous retirement programs, discounts on technology products, health and fitness programs, ample paid time off, and professional development opportunities.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1347230
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.