Person to lead overall station marketing strategy providing creative direction and complex brand management across broadcast and digital platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Grow ratings and engage audience using TV, web, mobile, social, email marketing, print and emerging platforms
- Conceptualize and direct targeted, integrated marketing campaigns while creating actionable marketing plans from research insights.
- Grow the WRAL News brand using all platforms.
- Manage promotion production of news topicals, news specials, local programming, WRAL documentaries and community sponsored events.
- Coach, mentor and grow Promotion, Graphics, Production, and Social Media staffs.
- Ensure brand consistency across all platforms while developing brand voice and standards.
- Act as project leader on large community events.
- Serve as relationship ambassador across departments and divisions
- Develop new audience using emerging platforms.
- Set social media vision with best practices to grow audience on TV and web platforms and improve audience engagement.
- Guide development and training on emerging social platforms.
- Analyze sponsorship opportunities for brand fit, maximum exposure and viewer connection to the station.
- Manage outside media strategy, budget and creative.
- Oversee art direction including station graphics package, news graphic package, franchises, set design, building signage and vehicle fleet.
Candidates are expected to have held the position of Creative Services Director in a top 50 market for three years or its equivalent. Experience with a duopoly, especially with NBC and/or FOX affiliates, is helpful. Must have exceptional people skills, communication, leadership and creative vision. All candidates must apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=capitolbci&jobId=823533969_9747&lang=en_US EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
About this company
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality and Bull Durham Beer Co. in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Project and Diamond View office buildings in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.