ABOUT Your Role:
You will be responsible for reviewing and curating content for email across our new lifestyle brand, The Spruce! You will work on a wide variety of projects related to the editorial quality and programming for The Spruce email newsletter program, with the goal of growing traffic, satisfying users, and helping us to grow engagement within the vertical.
ABOUT Your Contributions:
- Work with the Email Programming Manager for The Spruce as well as the vertical content team to execute on editorial strategy and voice for email newsletters.
- Use data to identify new opportunities for improving email campaign performance including editorial gaps, UX features, design optimization and more.
- Be the primary liaison between The Spruce Content Team and Team Email.
- Track the competitive email and content landscape to identify trends and opportunities within email marketing landscape.
- Create reporting, recommendations, and observations for Email program stakeholders to help improve the performance of future email initiatives
ABOUT Your Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience developing and curating digital content for web, email and social environments against business goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts in simple language via email, online documentation, and other documents
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills and knowledge of AP Style. Strong copywriter, capable of writing engaging, lively headlines and blurbs
- Experience writing for email newsletters and developing email newsletters is a plus
- Knowledge of or interest in home decor, entertaining, recipe and other lifestyle categories is a plus
We're re-imagining the way people find expert advice and answers online. Through our premium vertical brands including Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire, The Spruce, ThoughtCo and our namesake About.com, we help millions of users answer questions, solve problems, and find inspiration on topics they deeply care about.