U.S. News & World Report (http://www.usnews.com/) is seeking a reporter to cover breaking news beginning at 7 a.m. This position involves reporting and writing of stories across a variety of topics based on current news events. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and will have demonstrated flexibility to pivot from story to story at short notice. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Excellent reporting and research skills, ideally in an online or daily journalism environment.
- Two or more years of experience covering news.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines consistently.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of SEO.
- Experience with social media, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Familiarity with analytics and tracking tools used to evaluate traffic and user engagement.
- Familiarity with content management systems, HTML and Web production is a plus.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- College degree or equivalent.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and 401(k) plans. Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and 3 writing samples.