Washington, D.C. U.S. News & World Report’s Consumer Advice team seeks a full-time editor to edit content on the Money, Health, Travel and Real Estate pages on usnews.com. Our mission is simple: To produce advice content that helps consumers make informed decisions about their finances and health. We cover a wide range of topics including retirement, personal finance, investing, careers, health and wellness, diseases and conditions, real estate and travel. This role includes working closely with staff writers and contributors in a fast-paced digital environment. Growing our audience and pursuing new and enterprising ways to cover consumer advice content are also integral parts of this position, which is located in Washington, D.C.
- Edit and publish daily online advice articles from staff writers and contributors
- Edit and publish content directly in our CMS
- Recruit freelancers and bloggers to generate content with a consumer-advice focus
- Use a variety of web-based applications like Slack, Google Docs and Outlook for organizational, workflow and communication purposes
- Generate story ideas and help staff writers and contributors fine tune pitches
- Use analytics to help inform our content strategy
- Proven editing skills in an online journalism environment, with 4+ years of experience
- Ability to multitask and work on deadlines in a fast-paced, digital environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Interest in U.S. News's rankings projects
- Expertise using AP style
- Strong understanding of SEO and experience with online analytics reporting
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with freelancers
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with data journalism
- Savvy with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- College degree or equivalent
Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.