This position will be responsible primarily for supporting the internal communications needs for various Information Technology projects. May include external patient communications based on project needs. Position will partner with the Change Management and Training Development team to help engage employees, support leadership and keep the health system informed through effective communications. This position requires an ability to understand complex health care and IT information and translate this complexity into meaningful and relevant information to the respective employee audiences preferred.
Communications Strategy & Development - 75%
- Develop, manage, support, execute and measure assigned IT project communication strategies.
- Represent the perspective of key clinical/business employees in the development of the message strategy, content and choice of communications vehicles and channels.
- Design/manage the development of program collateral, presentations, talking points, fact sheets, emails, e-news, video, social media and other interactive tactics with the goal of engaging employees.
- Prepare, provide tools and coach leaders to assure they are equipped to support and deliver major communications within their respective organizations.
- Support, maintain and develop key communications channels, including intranet sites as needed.
- Acts as a communications coach and mentor to IT project teams.
Communications Review - 25%
- Provide review of project communications, job aids and other documentation developed by the Change Management & Training Development team.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Ability to understand complex health care and IT information and translate this complexity into meaningful and relevant information to the respective employee audiences preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, handle internal clients with tact and diplomacy, while effectively representing strategy and rationale for recommendations required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and maintain proper status and project management communications required.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofing skills required.
- Experience using surveys, focus groups and other measurement tools preferred.
- Experience interacting with upper management and executive level professionals preferred.
- Marketing/communications, project management experience preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of end users, with varying skill levels
- Must be able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Must be flexible to accommodate changing project timelines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations required.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to use PCs, Microsoft Office suite, and general office equipment (i.e., printers, copy machine, FAX machine, etc.) required.
- End-user and/or IT communications experience a plus.
- SharePoint 2016 experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of related work experience required.
Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
- Candidates should provide no less than 3 business writing samples.
- Internal communications/corporate communications samples a plus.
- Portfolio that shows breadth of communications work a plus for in-person interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44118)