Join a passionate and growing team of professionals
working to promote strategies that improve student achievement and
economic development in Sonoma County,
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development/Marketing
Manager works closely with the Executive Director and Director
of CTE Programs to identify new funding opportunities and
activate strategies that will generate new partnerships and
revenue streams in support of career technical education and
Responsible for day-to-day fundraising activities, the DMM will
organize and effectively manage
activities to ensure the highest accountabilities are met for donor
acquisition, cultivation and
stewardship. In addition to managing business and fund development
programs, the DMM recommends and oversees Foundation marketing
and communications strategies and tactics that will
effectively publicize information and events relevant to
industry, education, community and other
The DMM supports Executive Director and Director of CTE Programs
in identifying and writing
grant/donor proposals and requisite grant reports.
• Manage Foundation donor acquisition, cultivation and stewardship
plans and activities.
• Work with Executive Director and Director of CTE Programs to
develop and implement annual
plan/budget for identifying and securing grant opportunities,
corporate partnerships and private support of Foundation
• Responsible for working closely with Foundation staff to review
program services in order to obtain information for reporting,
comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs
for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs.
• Prepare grant applications, funding proposals and commensurate
activity reports for granting
organizations and donors.
• Work with Office Manager to maintain and track all documents and
activities related to recording and reporting donations and
pledges from foundations, individual donors and businesses.
• Directs fund raising strategy, messaging and campaigns for
online, peer to peer and small donor acquisition
• Produce fundraising updates and reports to Executive Director,
Fund Development Committee and Board of Directors as
• Provide oversight of donor database with support of Office
Manager (currently Donor View
• Coordinate with Director of Industry Engagement on the expansion
of business engagement and fundraising opportunities.
Board and Volunteer Relations
• Attend Foundation Board Meetings and committee meetings as
• Engage the Board Fund Development Committee and Board of
Directors in initiatives to solicit foundation funding,
corporate partnerships, and annual campaign drives.
• Prepare and execute marketing communications, program messaging,
and organization outreach that promote Foundation programs and
• Oversee the development of organization collateral, donor
materials, website and social media presence consistent with
Foundation brand and identity.
• Elevate Foundation visibility and presence by leveraging all
communication touch-points; print, web, social media, and
• Work with the Executive Director to develop and nurture media
contacts to promote the work of the Foundation to the
• Attend relevant community events and cultivate speaking
opportunities in order to deepen local networks, engage new donors,
and expand community presence.
• Lead the development and oversight of Foundation fund raising
• Support Director of CTE Programs and Director of Industry
Engagement with other program related events as needed
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in communications, business or
marketing desired with 3-5 years’ experience in marketing and
development for non-profit organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
with the ability to gracefully
handle rejection and bounce back assuring goals are met.
• Demonstrated success in and understanding of comprehensive donor
acquisition, cultivation and stewardship.
• High energy, outgoing, team player with a passion for CTE
Foundation mission is essential.
• Working mastery of computer programs including: Microsoft Suite
(Word, Power Point, Excel,
Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat or other design program.
• Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social
• Detail oriented, adaptable, organized with demonstrated ability
to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Must be able to read, comprehend and analyze financial goals and
fundraising reports and
generate required reports on a timely basis.
• Embraces change and promotes a culture grounded in
• Upbeat, “can-do” demeanor; ability to project empathy and
compassion when engaging
constituents, donors and volunteers.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
Kathy Goodacre, Executive Director
Visit our website: http://www.ctesonomacounty.org
Location/Region: Santa Rosa, CA (US - 95407)