The successful candidate for the Dean of SJGC position will possess:
- A terminal degree,Master of Fine Arts or Juris Doctor from an accredited university. Applicants should qualify for tenure at the rank of full professor in the SJGC based on approved SJGC and FAMU criteria;
- A master’s degree and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in journalism, public relations, mass communication or graphic communication and 10 years of professional experience with a regional, national or international reputation;
- A proven fundraising track record and knowledge of public and private funding opportunities and trends, national and international research organizations, faculty fellowship programs, institutional partnerships and research collaborations;
- A demonstrated ability to build consensus around a strategic vision, and implement policies and initiatives to achieve that vision with a commitment to continued development of the University as a research-intensive institution;
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse internal and external constituencies, and to collaborate across a wide range of academic disciplines and organizations;
- Experience managing data and systems and the ability to embrace and utilize emerging technologies;
- Knowledge of student media administration and an array of other media; and
- Experience with the accreditation process and the ability to maintain accreditation for all relevant programs in the school.
How to apply: Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For best consideration, please submit application materials prior to March 20, 2018. Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting Florida A&M University in this search. Initial screening of the applications and nominations will continue until an appointment is made. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including contact information for the nominee. Application materials should include a letter of interest that clearly states the applicant’s qualifications for the position, a current curriculum vita, and the name, address, telephone number and email address of three professional references. Submission of materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged.
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Jan Greenwood or Betty Turner Asher, Partners
Marion Frenche, Principal & Practice Leader, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Alex Matthews, Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
For more information on Florida A&M University and the School of Journalism & Graphic Communication, please visit http://www.famu.edu/ or http://sjgc.famu.edu/.
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is an equal opportunity/equal access University. Successful candidate is subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a review of criminal records, reference checks and verification of education. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call (850) 599-3076.
This search is being conducted under Florida law, including the Sunshine law and public records law.
Location/Region: Tallahassee, Florida